Sunday, January 20, 2008

a world away





Sitting in my studio at school the snow is coming down outside and over 3 inches have already collected on the ground. It reminds me of the many times I have tried to explain to students in Kabala how the 'cold' they are experiencing at this time of year is nothing compared to the cold in North America.
The last few days at school were wonderful. I got to spur on orange house for the upcoming sport this spring. I promised them all that I will be back. When I don't know! But I am sure I will be back.
There is so much potential for this school. For new development, for producing excellent work, and for graduating wonderful students. Just look at their faces! The community in Kabala is so proud of their accomplishment in building this school and of the children that attend it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KIDS FOR KABALA garage sale is on the calendar for May 31, 2008. We pray that God will continue to bless this tiny effort from tiny hands. The thought of a secondary school, wow, the possibilites are endless. Blessings Mista Asha.

Wendy